Cancelled ! 2020 Alpine Championship Ski Race
Saturday, March 14th from 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
The VBA Executive Committee has decided to cancel tomorrow’s VBA Alpine Championship Ski Race in Whistler due to ongoing concerns surrounding the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). In the past 48 hours, many participating firms have imposed restrictions on travel and attendance at large gatherings for their lawyers and staff. Alpine Canada also issued a statement late yesterday recommending the cancellation of all domestic ski races planned for the remainder of the ski season.
This has been a difficult decision for us to take and we realize that this will cause inconvenience to those who made plans to attend the Ski Race and to stay in Whistler this weekend. In the circumstances, however, the health and safety of our members must come first.
Whistler Blackcomb will process full refunds for the lift and race tickets. Please contact Andrea Pstoka at 604.905.2036 or email Andrea.Psotka@vailresorts.com. The Eventbrite fee is not refundable.
If you still want to use your discounted lift tickets, please contact Andrea Pstoka by 1:30 p.m. today. Further, the GM Race Center is still open if skiers and snowboarders wish to use it themselves.