Civility In The Practice Of Law
Thursday, September 21st from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
There seems to be an increasing need, expectation and emphasis on civility in our legal practice and in our courtroom – – by our fellow lawyers, clients and the public. There is also an expectation, a demand by clients that from the beginning of their file we advocate fully, forcefully, fearlessly and sometimes fiercely on their behalf. To be civil, calm and courteous is seen by some clients and opposing counsel as cowardly, conceding, too cooperative and sometimes negligent.
Join us as we discuss civility in the practice of law and what this means for you.
- The Honourable Justice Ronald Skolrood, Supreme Court of British Columbia
- The Honourable Master Terry C.W.L. Vos, Supreme Cout of British Columbia
- The Honourable Judge Laura N. Bakan, Provincial Court of British Columbia
Moderator: Joven Narwal, Narwal Litigation LLP
Register for the event online by Friday, September 15, 2017. Space is limited; register now to ensure your spot. Tickets are:
- $75.00 for CBA & VBA members (+GST)
- $100.00 for CBA Members (+GST)
- $150.00 for VBA Members (+GST)
- $200.00 for Non-CBA/VBA members (+GST)
Not a VBA member? You can still take advantage of the special VBA rate for this seminar by registering as a member here for $35.
1.5 Hours of Approved CPD in BC: Attendance at this seminar will provide you with 1.5 hours of the ethics, professional responsibility and practice management component for your 2017 Law Society of BC reporting.