The 2017 VBA Annual General Meeting
Thursday, November 23rd from 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
This year’s AGM and Gala will be held on November 23, 2017 at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. In addition to the presentation of the Peter S. Hyndman Mentorship Award, the event will feature a Silent Auction with all proceeds benefiting the Lawyers Assistance Program of British Columbia and Access Pro Bono. Following dinner, all guests are invited upstairs for a rooftop after-party.
The AGM is an event not to be missed and is anticipated to sell out again this year, so be sure to purchase tickets early! Tickets can be purchased for $85, by registering online (below) or by contacting:
Owen Bird LLP
The AGM will also feature the election of the Officers of the Association and of six new Members-at-Large to the Board. This year’s candidates for Member-at-Large are:
– Samantha Chang, Fasken Martineau LLP
– Rochelle Collette, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
– Katie Comley, Ministry of Justice, Legal Services Branch
– Dharam Dhillon, McMillan LLP
– Gordon Lamb, McCarthy Tetrault LLP
– Natalie Parsonage, Lindsay LLP
– Zackary Rogers, Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP
– Curtis D.A. Ronning, Slater Vecchio LLP
Please remember that you must be a member of the VBA to vote. This year, we will be checking memberships and issuing voting slips at the door. To renew your membership please click the Become a Member tab or email info[at]vancouverbar[dot]ca.